Association News<< back to Association News
Canadian Tri Retailer Richelle Love Appointed to TBI Board of Directors
Author: Jan Fambro
Austin, TX (October 31, 2017) – Triathlon Business International (TBI) president Dan Empfield today announced the appointment of Richelle Love to the Board of Directors for the remainder of the 2017-2018 year to fill the spot left vacant by the departure of Debbie Claggett, who resigned last month. Love is co-owner and general manager of Tri It MultiSport, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, which opened its doors in July 2006.
“I am thrilled to be a part of the TBI Board representing retailers throughout the world, said Love. “Being a part of such an amazing team excites me, and I am eager to help grow this incredible industry. I am focused on helping to ensure we are bringing value to retailers, race directors, suppliers and athletes in the sport of triathlon.”
“I’m very happy that Richelle agreed to join the board,” said Empfield. “She’s a high-energy go-getter who comes to our conference annually and who is a principle at a women-owned tri retail store in Canada. She’s a dynamo and with the conference approaching, having a dynamo is a wonderful asset.”
The Board is comprised of 13 industry leaders who guide the organization for the coming year.
- Richard Adler, Independent Consultant – TBI chief financial officer
- John Duquette, blueseventy (new) - secretary
- John Duke, World Triathlon Corporation
- Dan Empfield, Slowtwitch.com - president
- Peter Hurley, American Bicycle Group
- Scott Kaylin, Champion System
- Jesse Kropelnecki, Q2 Systems LLC (new)
- Richelle Love, Tri It Multisport (new)
- Julia Polloreno, freelance writer
- Mike Reilly, Independent Consultant & Voice of Ironman
- Sam Renouf, ACTIVE Network
- Gary Roethenbaugh, MultiSport Research, Ltd.
- Karen Sing, Independent Consultant (new)
The immediate focus of the board is to guide the agenda for TBI’s upcoming business conference January 26-28, 2018 at the Mission Palms Resort in Tempe, AZ.<< back to Association News
- Help Grow the Industry Team up with industry leaders to guide the future
- Help Your Business Learn best practices, latest trends, share ideas
- Help Grow the Sport Work together to attract more participants to the sport
TBI is a multisport industry organization of businesses and individuals who support the growth and success of triathlon as a business and a sport.