General Manager, Triathlon Business International
Triathlon Business International (TBI) is a global coalition of industry leaders dedicated to promoting the sport and the business of triathlon. TBI is conducting a search for a General Manager to lead and manage the organization headquartered in Orange, California. The position will report to the President and directly interact with the Board of Directors. Five years general management experience is required and a college degree is preferred. An interest and knowledge of the triathlon industry (including established relationships) and an athletic background is also desired.
- Build and maintain an attractive membership program. Set membership revenue goals, solicit new members, and insure membership retention.
- Implement an effective communications program that promotes the organization and its programs.
- Promote and manage annual conferences (scheduled in San Diego and London for 2013) that serve the needs of the triathlon business industry. Conference management responsibilities include planning and budgeting, facility negotiations, program development, speaker recruitment, promotion and PR, sales and marketing, and event operations.
- Develop, promote, and manage various sponsorship programs under the TBI umbrella.
- Manage Interbike’s Triathlon Pavilion by generating booth and sponsorship sales, coordinating Pavilion design and booth layout, and working with committee members to coordinate presentations and other activities.
- Plan and manage the logistics for Board meetings, committee meetings, and conferences. Provide regular reports to the Board and ad hoc reports as required. Manage the Board approved budget including a watchful eye on the revenues and expenses of the organization.
- Make insightful recommendations to the Board that can improve the organization’s operating efficiency and reputation within the industry.
- Manage and direct TBI’s website, content development, social media, newsletter, internal and external communications, and public relations.
- Technical skills required include a working knowledge of MS platform and software, Quickbooks, Email database management (Constant Contact) and basic website skills.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and benefits are included. An incentive package will be offered and tied to the revenues and profitability of TBI. This would include but not be limited to sponsorship development for conferences, projects, insurance program, and membership growth.
If interested please contact:
Triathlon Business International
- Support the Industry Team up with industry leaders to guide the future
- Help Your Business Learn best practices, latest trends, share ideas
- Grow the Sport Work together to attract more participants to the sport
Ashworth Awards is the premier manufacturer of finisher medallions and award in the endurance sports market. We own our own manufacturing facilities (not just a middle man) so we can deliver the highest quality medals at very reasonable prices by either Manufacturing in the USA or in the Orient. We also understand the industry because we are Triathletes and know the quality triathletes expect at the finish line! The best events in the world put their trust in Ashworth Awards for their finisher medallions and awards!
Triathlon Business International is the trade organization for the triathlon business community and is dedicated to an providing value to triathlon businesses and individuals interested in the success of triathlon. Learn More
To leverage the knowledge, talent, and resources of industry leaders in triathlon to the benefit of the sport. The mission will be achieved by increasing and retaining advocates of triathlon and by fostering a positive image of the sport.Learn More