Association News<< back to Association News
TBI Board of Directors Announced for 2017-18
Author: Jan Fambro
Austin, TX (June 13, 2017) -- Triathlon Business International (TBI), the industry organization dedicated to advancing the business and sport of triathlon, today announced the election results for its 2017-18 Board of Directors and officers. The 23 TBI shareholders nominate Board candidates and then elect 13 to guide the organization for the coming year. The officers are elected by the Board members.
The following industry pros are the TBI Board of Directors for 2017-18 (in alphabetical order):
- Richard Adler, Independent Consultant
- Debbie Claggett, TriSports.com
- John Duquette, blueseventy (new)
- John Duke, World Triathlon Corporation
- Dan Empfield, Slowtwitch.com
- Peter Hurley, American Bicycle Group
- Scott Kaylin, Champion System
- Jesse Kropelnecki, Q2 Systems LLC (new)
- Julia Polloreno, freelance writer
- Mike Reilly, Independent Consultant & Voice of Ironman
- Sam Renouf, ACTIVE Network
- Gary Roethenbaugh, MultiSport Research, Ltd.
- Karen Sing, Independent Consultant (new)
The Board elected the following members for its slate of officers:
- Dan Empfield, president
- John Duquette, secretary
- Richard Adler, chief financial officer
“I congratulate and welcome our new and returning Board members,” said incoming president Dan Empfield. “I’m honored by the trust they’ve placed in me. I’d also like to express my thanks to Richard Adler and Peter Hurley for their leadership during the past year.
“The urgency of TBI’s mission is more apparent now than at anytime in triathlon’s 40-year history,” continued Empfield. “The leadership institutions serving our industry can and need to be braver, clearer, more forward thinking and quicker to respond. They need to be more focused on the smaller stakeholders that make up the bulk of our industry. I have in mind initiatives to energize TBI’s mission, which I will share broadly in the coming weeks and months as our Board and I agree on the mechanics. I’ll be reaching out to many in the industry to help me, and my door is open to anyone in industry who wants to be a part of what we’re doing.”
At INTERBIKE, Sept. 20-22, TBI will again host its Triathlon Pavilion in Bayside B of the Mandalay Bay Convention Center where more than 40 triathlon-centric exhibitors will showcase their products. Within the Triathlon Pavilion, the Lounge area will be the location of six workshops, a Pinot & Pints reception on opening night and coffee mornings during the three days of the show. The Lounge is also a place where meetings can be held. For Pavilion and Pinot & Pints sponsorship information, email Jan@TriathlonBusinessIntl.com.
###<< back to Association News
- Help Grow the Industry Team up with industry leaders to guide the future
- Help Your Business Learn best practices, latest trends, share ideas
- Help Grow the Sport Work together to attract more participants to the sport
TBI is a multisport industry organization of businesses and individuals who support the growth and success of triathlon as a business and a sport.
Biggest Challenges Facing Triathlon
October 01, 2017